Modern Hemi Forums

Modern Hemi Forums (https://www.modernhemi.com/forums/)
-   Industry & Media (https://www.modernhemi.com/forums/industry-media-26/)
-   -   HOT! Leaked Challenger Build Photos! (https://www.modernhemi.com/forums/industry-media-26/hot-leaked-challenger-build-photos-189/)

Nine Ball 04-30-2007 10:21 PM

HOT! Leaked Challenger Build Photos!

Hmmm.... I wonder what these are? :devil:

https://ls1tech.com/misc/challenger1.gif

https://ls1tech.com/misc/challenger2.gif

https://ls1tech.com/misc/challenger3.gif

https://ls1tech.com/misc/challenger4.gif

https://ls1tech.com/misc/challenger5.gif

:cheers:

Set 04-30-2007 10:30 PM

Nice! Can't wait to see the first one on the road!

Pat7272 04-30-2007 10:50 PM

COOL! I think I know what Im getting myself for graduation..

BigBronco 04-30-2007 11:21 PM

A little competition never hurts ;)

JPMuscle 05-01-2007 12:08 AM

ya think sombody is gonna get fired over those photos lol

ChaseSS 05-01-2007 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Pat7272
COOL! I think I know what Im getting myself for graduation..

my thoughts exactly :)

DONAIMIAN 05-01-2007 07:29 AM

moving faster than I thought

CHRISPY 05-01-2007 08:13 AM

I can't wait to see the options list for this car. When my lease is up on the 300C SRT8 I'll probably look at one of those as a replacement. They will be bigger than the Camaro which is better suited to me with the dogs/kids :)

I wonder if the new 500hp motor will make it in this car?

Cheers,
Chris

LT1wannabe 05-01-2007 09:20 AM

uh oh....spaghettio's

kornfreak_401 05-01-2007 09:20 AM

uh oh is completely right! dead sexy man!

8ALTNG 05-01-2007 10:37 AM

That is going to be a gorgeous(sp) car :drool: I cain't wait to see one on the streets and see how they really preform :devil:

Rhode Island Red 05-01-2007 11:44 AM

It would be great on dates if there would be rear bench style seating :D

LT1wannabe 05-01-2007 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rhode Island Red
It would be great on dates if there would be rear bench style seating :D

Dodge is cool, but not cool (or bold) enough to put the bench seat in the back.

CHRISPY 05-01-2007 12:18 PM

I'd love the rear bench so I could strap in three car seats LOL! :)

jhelms 05-01-2007 12:30 PM

Very cool!

Ntimid8r7 05-01-2007 03:30 PM

It would be nice to see some more retro cars coming out instead of the same deadbeat lines that are shoved down our throats every year.

Scooter70 05-01-2007 07:20 PM

Sweet.

brad8266 05-01-2007 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by JPMuscle
ya think sombody is gonna get fired over those photos lol

:werd:

will82 05-01-2007 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ntimid8r7
It would be nice to see some more retro cars coming out instead of the same deadbeat lines that are shoved down our throats every year.

:stupid:

OKcruising 05-02-2007 01:31 AM

Damn, she's fine.
I can't wait till someone tastefully mods one... all black, serious tint, some ginormo wide rear meats. Mmmm.... :drool:

badjuju342 05-02-2007 02:32 AM

Let's see Honda or Toyota build something as cool as that ! They keep trying to convince us of how much better their crappy little econoboxes are.....

Larry 05-03-2007 07:37 AM

Here's a link to more pics. Looks like it will have a 6.1 engine. Wonder what hp/torque figures it will have.

http://www.dodge.com/en/challenger/gallery/index.html

Tylerb59 05-03-2007 02:30 PM

That's going to be one sick looking car. I can't wait to see one in person!

TwittyPyro 05-03-2007 08:07 PM

Thats aweosme, i am not one to buy new cars, but i might have to make an exception.

ramairroughneck 05-03-2007 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by OKcruising
Damn, she's fine.
I can't wait till someone tastefully mods one... all black, serious tint, some ginormo wide rear meats. Mmmm.... :drool:

Plus a nasty cam thru duels.

DocT 05-04-2007 10:16 AM

:drool: I like! Wondering what these will put down for numbers?

RT

DocT 05-04-2007 10:17 AM

Any idea of the release dates for these to hit the streets?

ChevyChad 05-04-2007 09:28 PM

Sweet! Should make for some great competition :drive:

zero_proto 05-05-2007 01:58 AM

i think this is going to be great. It is going to be the second coming of the musclecar wars!!!! It is already starting of pretty heated.

95ttoplt1 05-05-2007 05:04 AM

If they do all the terrible programming that they did on the current SRT-8 line up they will kill the car and its following much like what is starting to develop with the SRT-8 crowd at present.

Problems will be:
No way to tune the computer
Drive by wire with terrible lag and disconnect feeling
Way to intrusive ESP with no way to disable completely
Terribly slow shifting transmission
No manual Option
ADAPTIVE LEARNING

Just to name a few.

And yes I have a SRT-8 and the title transfers next week to the new owner. After 6000 miles I can't take it anymore. The platform has such potential but with DCX's abortion can-bus system and no way to fix it, the car is a dissapointment.

Nine Ball 05-05-2007 09:49 AM

wrong. There is no "cheap" way to get around the DCX factory tuning. You can always install a stand-alone engine management system if you want to get wild, but figure that is $2000-2500 to do so. ;)

CLAYTORSHARLEY 05-05-2007 09:54 AM

95ttoplt1,

You can totally disable ESP on SRT8 only. Press the ESP button to turn off ESP then press and hold button until ESP disabled displays on odometer. Then shift trans to 1 and there is no torque management. Now you can boil the tires off the rims. Have fun. :drive:

95ttoplt1 05-05-2007 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
wrong. There is no "cheap" way to get around the DCX factory tuning. You can always install a stand-alone engine management system if you want to get wild, but figure that is $2000-2500 to do so. ;)

Right and how does all that interface with the can-bus system. Thats right it doesn't. And then what do you us to control the tranny? I haven't seen any programmable TCM or a stand alone TCM for the tranny yet. And then what if you want to change gears in the rear?? That right there is no way(electronically) to get around this either.

Sorry the electrical hang-ups with the platform are huge and well documented. Look at a dyno sheet for any SRT-8 and check out the AFR reading. Looks like Michael J Fox was trying to draw a straight line.

No thanks.

AND BTW the ESP can never be fully diabled, as well as the torque management. I had the B&G stage 2 and it was still there. Maybe if you get the stage 3 or higher where the ESP is deleted from the computer completely but that wasn't an option for me as it was my wifes car.

I think I know the hold the button trick :eyes:

Sorry guys this car just really left a bitter taste in my mouth, and I'm not talking from "what I have read on the internet" I have experienced this first hand.

KAOS 05-05-2007 05:02 PM

way better looking than the new maro coming out. as long as it looks like that it will be awesome. i dont like the idea of not having a way of tuning it and not having a feel for the car, if its like the srt8 that one guy was talking about. and with this hemi and a big KB super charger i bet 600 rwhp wont be an issue...just my thoughts

95ttoplt1 05-05-2007 05:54 PM

^600 whhp wouldn't be an issue now on motor if a viable tuning option was available now for the 6.1, I mean seriously we have the top end to do it.

KB hasn't jumped in yet because there is no real tuning option out yet. Don't believe me check there site.

The Maro' get my vote big time over this thing, DCX has too many lawyers watching the assembly line for this to be a success.

02_LS1 05-05-2007 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by DocT
Any idea of the release dates for these to hit the streets?

Looks like the production version will be shown at the Chicago auto show on February 6, 2008 http://www.dodgechallengercountdown.com/

DriveATransAm 05-05-2007 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by 95ttoplt1
Right and how does all that interface with the can-bus system. Thats right it doesn't. And then what do you us to control the tranny? I haven't seen any programmable TCM or a stand alone TCM for the tranny yet. And then what if you want to change gears in the rear?? That right there is no way(electronically) to get around this either.

Sorry the electrical hang-ups with the platform are huge and well documented. Look at a dyno sheet for any SRT-8 and check out the AFR reading. Looks like Michael J Fox was trying to draw a straight line.

No thanks.

AND BTW the ESP can never be fully diabled, as well as the torque management. I had the B&G stage 2 and it was still there. Maybe if you get the stage 3 or higher where the ESP is deleted from the computer completely but that wasn't an option for me as it was my wifes car.

I think I know the hold the button trick :eyes:

Sorry guys this car just really left a bitter taste in my mouth, and I'm not talking from "what I have read on the internet" I have experienced this first hand.

the programming does leave something to be desired, but its one of those things that you have to deal with. if you didnt have an f-body before, you probably wouldnt notice. its not THAT bad. jeez. did you ever drive a stock ls1 camaro in automatic? they had torque management too. took a couple years for tuners to finally figure it all out and eliminate it. any automatic will have torque management....its just the time it will take to eliminate it. only gripe i have is the dead feel when you hook off the line at the track. but hey, whatever...cant have everything ;) 16K miles on mine and ive dragged it, road raced it, daily driven- sat in traffic, rain, country roads, etc. its an all around great car and performs flawlessly.

95ttoplt1 05-06-2007 04:50 AM

I still have my F-body :) guess where the Charger payment is going?? I have an LT1 so no torque management ever.

The LX platform does have alot of potential in the hardware, it just getting the electronics to let you do it.

green28 05-06-2007 02:22 PM

Went to a dodge dealer yesterday looking for a car for the wife and a salesman was telling me that the charger didn't pass crash testing and that they had pushed back the progress a bit. BUT, I don't know what to believe cause this guy didn't know much about the Caliber he was trying to sell us, so I don't want to read too much into anything he told me about the Charger. Could very well be old information.

Elite_Hot_Rod 05-08-2007 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by green28
Went to a dodge dealer yesterday looking for a car for the wife and a salesman was telling me that the charger didn't pass crash testing and that they had pushed back the progress a bit. BUT, I don't know what to believe cause this guy didn't know much about the Caliber he was trying to sell us, so I don't want to read too much into anything he told me about the Charger. Could very well be old information.

It would of had to be the Challenger the Charger is already out.