Industry & Media Read the latest news about Hemi vehicles & products

HOT! Leaked Challenger Build Photos!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 09:49 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

wrong. There is no "cheap" way to get around the DCX factory tuning. You can always install a stand-alone engine management system if you want to get wild, but figure that is $2000-2500 to do so.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:54 AM
Teching In

95ttoplt1,

You can totally disable ESP on SRT8 only. Press the ESP button to turn off ESP then press and hold button until ESP disabled displays on odometer. Then shift trans to 1 and there is no torque management. Now you can boil the tires off the rims. Have fun.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
wrong. There is no "cheap" way to get around the DCX factory tuning. You can always install a stand-alone engine management system if you want to get wild, but figure that is $2000-2500 to do so.

Right and how does all that interface with the can-bus system. Thats right it doesn't. And then what do you us to control the tranny? I haven't seen any programmable TCM or a stand alone TCM for the tranny yet. And then what if you want to change gears in the rear?? That right there is no way(electronically) to get around this either.

Sorry the electrical hang-ups with the platform are huge and well documented. Look at a dyno sheet for any SRT-8 and check out the AFR reading. Looks like Michael J Fox was trying to draw a straight line.

No thanks.

AND BTW the ESP can never be fully diabled, as well as the torque management. I had the B&G stage 2 and it was still there. Maybe if you get the stage 3 or higher where the ESP is deleted from the computer completely but that wasn't an option for me as it was my wifes car.

I think I know the hold the button trick

Sorry guys this car just really left a bitter taste in my mouth, and I'm not talking from "what I have read on the internet" I have experienced this first hand.

Last edited by 95ttoplt1; 05-05-2007 at 10:20 AM.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

way better looking than the new maro coming out. as long as it looks like that it will be awesome. i dont like the idea of not having a way of tuning it and not having a feel for the car, if its like the srt8 that one guy was talking about. and with this hemi and a big KB super charger i bet 600 rwhp wont be an issue...just my thoughts
Old 05-05-2007, 05:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

^600 whhp wouldn't be an issue now on motor if a viable tuning option was available now for the 6.1, I mean seriously we have the top end to do it.

KB hasn't jumped in yet because there is no real tuning option out yet. Don't believe me check there site.

The Maro' get my vote big time over this thing, DCX has too many lawyers watching the assembly line for this to be a success.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DocT
Any idea of the release dates for these to hit the streets?
Looks like the production version will be shown at the Chicago auto show on February 6, 2008 http://www.dodgechallengercountdown.com/

Last edited by 02_LS1; 05-05-2007 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by 95ttoplt1
Right and how does all that interface with the can-bus system. Thats right it doesn't. And then what do you us to control the tranny? I haven't seen any programmable TCM or a stand alone TCM for the tranny yet. And then what if you want to change gears in the rear?? That right there is no way(electronically) to get around this either.

Sorry the electrical hang-ups with the platform are huge and well documented. Look at a dyno sheet for any SRT-8 and check out the AFR reading. Looks like Michael J Fox was trying to draw a straight line.

No thanks.

AND BTW the ESP can never be fully diabled, as well as the torque management. I had the B&G stage 2 and it was still there. Maybe if you get the stage 3 or higher where the ESP is deleted from the computer completely but that wasn't an option for me as it was my wifes car.

I think I know the hold the button trick

Sorry guys this car just really left a bitter taste in my mouth, and I'm not talking from "what I have read on the internet" I have experienced this first hand.
the programming does leave something to be desired, but its one of those things that you have to deal with. if you didnt have an f-body before, you probably wouldnt notice. its not THAT bad. jeez. did you ever drive a stock ls1 camaro in automatic? they had torque management too. took a couple years for tuners to finally figure it all out and eliminate it. any automatic will have torque management....its just the time it will take to eliminate it. only gripe i have is the dead feel when you hook off the line at the track. but hey, whatever...cant have everything 16K miles on mine and ive dragged it, road raced it, daily driven- sat in traffic, rain, country roads, etc. its an all around great car and performs flawlessly.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

I still have my F-body guess where the Charger payment is going?? I have an LT1 so no torque management ever.

The LX platform does have alot of potential in the hardware, it just getting the electronics to let you do it.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:22 PM
11 Second Club

Went to a dodge dealer yesterday looking for a car for the wife and a salesman was telling me that the charger didn't pass crash testing and that they had pushed back the progress a bit. BUT, I don't know what to believe cause this guy didn't know much about the Caliber he was trying to sell us, so I don't want to read too much into anything he told me about the Charger. Could very well be old information.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by green28
Went to a dodge dealer yesterday looking for a car for the wife and a salesman was telling me that the charger didn't pass crash testing and that they had pushed back the progress a bit. BUT, I don't know what to believe cause this guy didn't know much about the Caliber he was trying to sell us, so I don't want to read too much into anything he told me about the Charger. Could very well be old information.
It would of had to be the Challenger the Charger is already out.

Quick Reply: HOT! Leaked Challenger Build Photos!