5.7L Hemi Tech questions - Modern Hemi Forums

Click here to visit LS1Tech

Click here to visit Performance Trucks

Click here to visit Mod Motor Tech

Click here to visit Modern Hemi

Modern Hemi Forums  

Old 09-20-2016, 10:00 PM   #1

Default 5.7L Hemi Tech questions

I have a 1942 Dodge truck which i want to install a 5.7L hemi and 545RFE trans. I dont know if Im biting off more than I can chew with this project as I know very little about installing modern engines in older cars. It will be a steep learning curve. Here is the breakdown of what i have.

2003 5.7L Hemi from a Dodge Ram
45RFE or 545RFE from a 1999 - 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee (not sure of exact year) and the guy said it was flashed to a 545RFE. How do I know?.

Modern Muscle performance sells a stand alone harness ($2295)to control this combo from which I can see is one single ECU however when I bought the trans it came with its own TCU (see pic below). What I want to know is if I buy this harness from Modern Muscle will it drive this combo as both the engine and trans are mismatched. If it wont would I have to use a seperate ECU and TCU boxes to make it work. I have asked the question of Modern Muscle but they didn't respond so Im guessing they dont know. Really want to know before I shell out that much cash.

Link to Harness
https://www.modernmuscleperformance....engine-harness

TCU that I have
Attached Thumbnails
5.7L Hemi Tech questions-ward5439.jpg   5.7L Hemi Tech questions-ward5440.jpg   5.7L Hemi Tech questions-ward5441.jpg  
meatant is offline   Reply With Quote