Diagnostics & Tuning Powertrain Control Systems | Software | Troubleshooting

Revs Out Of Control

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Teching In

Angry Revs Out Of Control

At times on the highway I'LL get the drive by wire symbol flashing & truck will die with no forewarning. It's just like the key is shut off. Starts back up ok like nothing happened. I get fault code p2173 for high airflow. Can find no vacumme leak. Truck will also rev out of control when shifting in to neutral at just about any speed. I have to shut it down. It also does not want to decelerate when letting off the gas. I can take my foot off the pedal at 30 to 40 mph and it takes blocks to slow down without braking. Any ideas? Is it the tune? Or will this engine ever run right with these modifications? I have also tried new AIT & Map sensors and a new t-body. Help!!
Old 07-08-2009, 10:32 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Cammin Hemi
At times on the highway I'LL get the drive by wire symbol flashing & truck will die with no forewarning. It's just like the key is shut off. Starts back up ok like nothing happened. I get fault code p2173 for high airflow. Can find no vacumme leak. Truck will also rev out of control when shifting in to neutral at just about any speed. I have to shut it down. It also does not want to decelerate when letting off the gas. I can take my foot off the pedal at 30 to 40 mph and it takes blocks to slow down without braking. Any ideas? Is it the tune? Or will this engine ever run right with these modifications? I have also tried new AIT & Map sensors and a new t-body. Help!!
Yes, it is something in the tune.

I assume you have a procharger?

I would contact your CMR tuner and see if he can help, if not, email me a copy of the tune and I'll get you fixed up.

Thanks
Mike
Old 08-03-2009, 07:28 PM
TECH Regular

my moms truck had the problem with dieing for no reason, it was a tsb out for the truck