Rating Summary
Options
From
Date
Negative
Underhanded part fitment & return policy. PayPal refunded my purchase.
Rating Already Submitted
Report Bad Rating
Buyer runtwrestlin (2)
08-24-2011
runtwrestlin
08-24-2011, 10:29 AM
I purchased a torque arm relocation crossmember for my 97 camaro. In the for sale thread the parts were listed as coming from a 99 trans am and as "Parts Fit 93-02 Camaro/Firebird." On UMI's website I noticed there was a crossmember for 93-97 F-bodies and another for 98-02 F-bodies. When I directly asked him if this would cause any issues since my car is a 97, but the tranny is a 98 he replied with, "You should be alright, I think." When I recieved the part and checked the fitment it did not work.
When I requested to return the part for a refund he replied he could not refund my money. Payment was submitted through PayPal, so I filed a dispute. The seller continued to refuse a refund even when I offered to reimburse him for his shipping costs. He claimed that all sales were final, even though I never agreed to that and it was stated neither in the part listing, nor in our conversation. When it was clear a resolution could not be reached, I upgraded the dispute to a claim for PayPal to resolve. PayPal ruled in my favor stating, "we've determined that you'll be eligible for a refund (including handling and shipping) once you've returned the merchandise to the seller."
For future purchases I will ask the seller to clearly state their return policy, regardless of their trader rating. I also reccomend that the seller do the same to any potential buyers.

mike135531bubba
10-25-2011, 04:16 PM
An agreement was reached for sale of part with buyer.

Held part for buyer so he can come up with the payment (lost potential buyers in an attempt to help buyer), spent time wrapping and shipping (travel costs) the oversized item (which buyer said it came to him perfectly), and all the time spent on correspondences.

Buyer informed me part did not fit with his manual swapped to an auto trans. We both assumed this part will fit prior to the agreement on sale. Buyer did not contact manufacturer to verify part fitment (manufacturer was clearly stated in sales ad).

Will never do business with again.