Internal Engine Blocks | Cylinder Heads | Rotating Assy | Camshafts

Modern Hemi... Why doen't people build them?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Teching In

Default Modern Hemi... Why doen't people build them?

Why don't you ever see people build modern hemi engines for power?

I see the lack of popular bodies to put them in as a problem, but what's the deal?
Old 11-07-2011, 11:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by hasty
Why don't you ever see people build modern hemi engines for power?

I see the lack of popular bodies to put them in as a problem, but what's the deal?
People definitely build them. There's some fast modern HEMIs. But you are absolutely correct as to why the slow adoption. The Mustang and Camaro have held onto fans for generations. Mopar dropped the ball by not having a pony car in the market all those years. Now they have an engine, but the only cars are either '60s/'70s ($) or '00s/'10s ($). Cost of entry is too high, so the build-up of support has been slow. Once the cars are old enough that teenagers and young adults can afford them AND still have cash leftover for parts, they'll gain more support.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:41 PM

Yeah, i know what you mean man. I've been going to car shows, car meets, street races, etc, and there really isn't a strong mopar presence. And the dodges you DO see aren't hemis or anything, they're usually SRT-4 Neons and Calibers. I was brought up to think that nothing was ever as good as a well built, breathed on HEMI. the only worked over hemis I ever see are at the drag strip running in the stock classes and certainly never at any car meets or street races. I don't get it.