Diagnostics & Tuning Powertrain Control Systems | Software | Troubleshooting

Just a whole bunch of issues. please help

Old 10-21-2013, 06:29 PM

Default Just a whole bunch of issues. please help

Gday everyone, i'm Sime a newby to this forum from Australia.

ok basically it goes like this, here in oz, nobody knows anything about the hemis, how to build, tune or fix them. so now that ive ran into a few problems nobody knows anything and everyone tells me i'd have been better off with an lsx. this can get annoying!

So the problem im having is with my 05 Grand Cherokee with the 5.7 (wanted the srt but it was 40k - double the price) its got a stainless 4 inch pipe going into the airbox so if you want to call that a 'cai', i've installed a set of obx long tube headers, plumbed the twin 3inch pipes with a y piece into a single 3 to a sports muffler and continued out the rear with the stock system (which is about 2.75 inch pipe) and im using the superchips to flash it. now for the problems

my fuel economy has died in the ***. even full highway grandma style driving has gotten me 375km (233 miles) from a tank which isnt fantastic for something that realistically is a stock engine. then i got the engine light. i can flash it away but every few km's or down the road it has to pop back on and i cant get rid of it. dont know how much of a difference it would make but im using the obx cats which are basically pretend cats, theres nothing inside them, there straight through.

needing help fellas
cheers. Sime