New Members Drop in and introduce yourself!

First Programmer/Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 08:28 PM

Default First Programmer/Tuner

Well, I finally bit the bullet & bought a Diablo I1000 tuner for my 08' Ram 1500. What can I say but, DAMN, my HEMI is alive. I have only installed the canned 91 octane tune so far, and my truck has awoken. Before I did this, I put a Flowmaster cat back exhaust, and a K&N cold air intake on her, but. This was definitely money well spent. The only issue I have is that my passing gear is a little jerky. I am looking forward to either taking it to a good performance shop, or getting a specific custom tune for my truck by email I guess is how it's done, I really don't know much about this, and I am definitely no gear head. If anyone could recommend how I should go about getting a personalized tune, I would be much appreciative. I haven't messed with the shift points or anything like that, but I have a feeling once I do get that special tune, this thing is gonna be a whole different truck. I really can't wait. I'm headed up into the mountains of New Mexico Friday, so I'm really looking fwd to opening her up, as I did take advantage of the speed limiter removal, & MDS as well. I look forward to some shop talk, and learning a few things about higher performance. Take care yall, and I'll see Ya down the road!!! 👹